Sunday, December 28, 2003

Aliens are trying to send a message


Yesterday, I accompanied my lola, an aunt and few cousins from the province to Star City. Before that, I imagined we were going the same place I have been to once before- open air, semi-cool rides and a reasonable amount of people. A place worth one's time. But whoa! My illusions of a pretty decent theme park shattered into a million pieces when we got there (stick expression of disgust here). The place was literally overflowing with people. As in overflowing. I could almost swear half of the Philippine population was there (the other half's in Ultra for the F4 concert). People were walking shoulder to shoulder because the place was so cramped with long lines, a lot of kids (makes you think where all the kids are coming from), the oh-so-pathetic rides and the stalls (stalls in an amusement park?!). All kinds of people were there- big, small, young, old, pregnant, fat, thin, annoying (a lot of them), funny, epal, jologs- name it. Everybody's there. Aliens are trying to control us! Through some weird message via mental telepathy they made people go to Star City all at the same time (those who watched the F4 concert were spared). In all fairness, although Star City was overloaded with people, the aircon was still working and its pretty cold there.

Dancing with Minnie, Mickey and (watdaheck?!) Sylvester


So after about 45 minutes of pointless walking, we found ourselves in the Aliw theater waiting for the circus and ballet show to start. We were caught off-guard by three mascots- pirated minnie mouse, pirated mickey mouse and pirated sylvester (or at least it looked like sylvester). Watda! Sylevester?! Since when did Warner Brothers and Disney merge companies or at least merge characters huh? Then the kids, they just attacked the three mascots. From where I sat which was pretty far from the stage, the kids looked like ants invading the stage to have pictures taken, to touch or even just to stand beside the mascots. Suddenly, mommies were all over the stage too for one sole purpose, to have their picture taken with the mascots. I don't know what they're thinking, but the mascots looked horrible. Who wants them to be immortalized on pictures? And then, the friggin' spaghetti song was played and the army of children on the stage just danced the spaghetti, all of them. Our mascots danced the spaghetti too, of course. A group of young girls on the stage were dancing like they know the steps better than they know the alphabet. They were dancing spaghetti like all they had were 206 (or more) cartilages. Just like package deals, after the spaghetti song was played, Mr.Suave came next. This was not a dance song. Nevertheless, the mascots still danced and I must say they dance pretty well for a mascot. When the hoy hoy hoy hoy hoy hoy part came in, the whole theater (except me!) was practically screaming hoy hoy hoy hoy hoy hoy too. What's with that song? At some parts of the song pirated sylvester and pirated mickey mouse dirty-danced. They even performed a slapstick of some sort. Pirated mickey hit pirated sylvester in the head and vice-versa. Lucky they were in a mascot suit. It was supposed to be funny. But it wasn't. It was annoying. What were they thinking?
Just as they say, things come in threes, after that Mr. Suave song Ocho-ocho was played. I swear every kid in that theater must have danced the ocho-ocho. The group of girls I was telling you a while ago unleashed all their energy for that song. They danced the ocho-ocho like there was no tomorrow, cartilages and all.
Ocho-ocho was the finale (thank God!).

The Face behind that Stupid Mascot


I thought about the people behind the mascots. It's sad. You get into that ridiculously funny suit and then you dance and try to be funny. Then, you'll be paid a meager salary for going out there and making yourself look stupid in a suit that would make all your sweat come out. All in the name of making a living!

Princess of the Moon


So the circus/ballet show started. Except for the man tightroping on a unicycle who almost fell and the glow in the dark paper whale which looked like a really huge worm to me nothing is really worth blabbing about. It's a mediocre show. You know the usual jugglers, ballerinas, fire-eaters (or watzit they're called?) and contortionists.

Ken Zhu Loves me!


After the show, my cousins (who were all kids) rode the kiddie bump cars. While I ,the elder apo , ate popcorn in an F4 inspired tumbler. I kept it because Ken (my love) was there. Bading si Dao Ming Si! Here's my little souvenir from yesterday's near nightmare experience:

And the day Ends


We all decided to go home because it was almost ten PM and the lines to rides (which aren't at all fun) were miles long and we haven't eaten yet. I insisted on leaving everyone because I wanted to go home. They wanted me to come with them to Antipolo where my aunt lived. It was so far and I was so tired so I rode the Pacita bus instead. All that people made me dizzy that my head ached when I got home.

Summary:The trip to Star City was a total waste of time. If I wasn't needed as tour-guide (boy was I a guide tour guide!), I shouldn't have com. I was better of watching TV doing nothing.
Lesson learned: Never ever go near Star City for the rest of my freakin' life!

No comments: