Tuesday, January 01, 2008

my version of a yearender/yearstarter

Janus, god of beginnings and ends

January. Month of Janus, god of beginnings and ends. Aptly so, because as we usher in the first month of another new year, we look back on the past, review the year that was, look into the future and anticipate what is to come. Something about ending the year makes us all go sentimental and write posts such as this.

Judging by the way things have been, I guess 2007 has been a good year filled with major life changes. I turned twenty, graduated from college, started working and met a lot of new people along the way, loved some and hated some more. Yet as far as people skills are concerned, I think I've grown much this year and for that, I am thankful.

Some milestones of my life mark the ending year. I earned my BS, passed the Nursing boards and rode an airplane for the first time. :o I also started earning and spending my own money, which gives me a sense of fulfillment. Well, that is at least until my wallet runs empty. :p

It was also a year of rekindling friendships and strengthening bonds with people from the past and present. It is comforting to know that I have made true friends and lasting relationships in the long run. I could honestly say, it has been a blast with you guys (you know who you are!). Those were the good times and I'll be looking forward to crazier and even more happy times together.

Well, this is it.

Happy 2008! Here's to better things, better careers and better lives! Kampay!

No comments: