Friday, March 21, 2008

Fasting food

Yesterday was Maundy Thursday and the sup made us go to work. Real unholy. I was starting to wonder whether she has something against Catholics, when I noticed her display of a crucifix behind her desk. Then I thought, she really just hates us.

And since it was a holiday, everyone else was on vacation. Aside from a couple of maintenance people and security guards doing rounds at the campus, no one else was there but the 6 of us. In fact, no one else was anywhere. Manila had virtually been a ghost town. On the one hand, it was a relief, on the other, it was starting to get creepy. Flashback to I Am Legend.

Another problem during holidays is everything is closed save for a few greedy corporations, leaving me no option but to eat at Jollibee (even McDonalds had to close for the holidays). I ordered a burger steak meal, 2 shanghai rolls and a hot fudge sundae. Way to go fasting! The thing is, the taste of the patty just wouldn't go down my throat. I was burping burger patty hours after actually having eaten it.

Evil burger steak for lunch and Ice Craze Special for merienda

For snacks, I had the macapuno de leche ice craze special. It was nothing short of what I expected it to be and it was super filling. At that point, I've had too much Jollibee for the day. I felt so satiated plus I could still taste the burger from lunch that I wanted to barf er, purge. Bulimia? Maybe God's telling me to fast. In any case, I am off Jollibee, at least for a couple of months. :p

2 comments:

Sedricke said...

alam mo, seriously, that jollibee patty is toxic. your account is soooo true.

akireus said...

i know! i wonder what they put on those things?