Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Newsflash: heaven is taking sides now... and it's on mine!

Narcolepsy took its toll on me again. I was studying for my Micro exam and I haven't even gotten through half the handouts and lecture notes when it did. Like the silent and treacherous akyat-bahay,it crept through every nerve, bone and muscle. With the highlighter left open leaving a huge stain of highlighter ink on my bed sheet and photocopied lecture notes scattered just about everywhere, I dozed off while the Micro test found its way into the deep recesses of my subconscious. I was too sleepy and too darn narcoleptic (only when I’m studying) to think about bacteria or viruses or fungi. With no effort to battle drowsiness, I fell asleep… just like that. I didn’t know a thing on fungi and viruses and I wasn’t able to prepare for the health teaching session I was supposed to have with my client the next day.
The following morning, as if all heavens knew, classes were suspended. Thank goodness. Now I have more time to waste :)

No comments: