Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sportacular

Remember how I said it was gonna be swift? Well, as it turns out, days have been draggy and uneventful and weeks pass without news from Drake or from anyone.

So anyway, I hear the World Cup is on. And the NBA Season is coming to a close. Suddenly, people are so into sports! This puts my own athleticism and interest in athletics into perspective.

See, to be honest, I've never been genuinely caught up in all the sporty hoopla. I mean, it's not like I don't try. I do, and I always end up rooting for the underdogs. It's almost an illness. Underdogs are expected to lose, and most of the time they do. And losing blows. No one likes to lose. And in any game, someone always has to. It is this very idea that turns me off somewhat.

I guess I am just not into sports, not even sports men with perfectly chiseled athletic bodies. Thank you very much.

No comments: